JRMD Bored Well $20,000 FUNDED
The Burundi project was able to tap into water drill a well. The will be working to secure pipes to supply water to the school, orphanage, and storage tanks.
To complete this project they will:
- Continue to share the needs and importance of this project with our partners and friends
- Continue to raise funds so that we can complete this project
- Apply for grant wherever it’s possible
The steps initially made in this project were great. We are and will remain grateful to 200 Orphanages Worldwide and friends of JRMD who helped us make a such progress.
The dormitory project in Burundi for 80 orphans is in progress. The building, roof, windows, and doors are now in place thanks to the DreamMaker Campaign. Many raised or donated $1,000 or more and the concrete and walls are being completed. Soon the kids will finally have a place to call home.
Donors have generously supplied $22,800 to date!
- Metal windows and doors on roofed building : $6,850 (FUNDED)
- Concrete for walls and floor of roofed building: $7,450 (FUNDED)
- Ceiling materials, glass for windows and doors, and painting: $10,500 (FUNDED)
JRMD is a nonprofit organization based in Bujumbura, Burundi, and was founded in 1994 by Prosper Ndabishuriye. The organization helps children devastated by the genocide in Burundi and they are working to build a dormitory to house 80 orphans–40 girls and 40 boys.
Prosper has dedicated his life to providing housing and education for those vulnerable children impacted by war and destruction. He and his U.S. supporters have built a school providing education to 504 underprivileged children of Cibitoke Province.